EU PRIVACY NOTICE
ABOUT KUBOTA AND OUR APPROACH TO PRIVACY
Kubota Holdings Europe B.V. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “Kubota”) take your privacy seriously. Kubota understands transparency and respect are foundational aspects of longstanding relationships and, therefore, takes every reasonable effort to protect the information you provide to us.
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices you can make about our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
1. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA
We refer to personal data according to the following definition given in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DATA
Each Kubota entity which controls the ways your personal data are collected and the purposes for which your personal data are used will be the relevant “data controller” for the purposes of the applicable local legislation and the European data protection Regulation.
The Kubota entities responsible for the collection and use of your personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice are identified in the How to Contact Us section of this document where you will also in each case find their contact details as well as those of their Data Protection Officer or Privacy Contact.
Our websites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Kubota. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by Kubota, we are not responsible for the websites’ content (including an ‘cookies’ used on that website), any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of linked websites.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
We collect some personal data directly from you, for example when use our website, use our services or contact us or we obtain your personal data from our Business Partners and Affiliates (such as dealers or distributors with whom we have business relationship, or from the entities with whom we have entered into the contract for market survey purpose).
Categories of data we collect about you
- Physical Location and Contact Information (name, mailing address, email address and phone number, fax number, customer ID)
- Relationship Information (information regarding your inquiries, purchases, regional location and dealer transactions
- Machine and Use Information (machine use purpose, machine condition and machine operation data which include hours of operation, fuel consumption)
- Financial information and associate information (first and last name, date of birth, Social Security number/ Official Personal Identification Number/Code, email address, home phone numbers and cell phone number, as well as certain employment, income and credit information)
- Information we collect online. We, collect personal data by using automated means, such as cookies. The information we collect in this manner include: IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets. Our websites use Google Analytics (“Google Analytics”), a web analytics service provided by Google and undertake anonymization of your personal information to perform data analyses.
How we use collected data
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We pledge to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
The purpose for collecting and processing data
Kubota uses your Personal Data for providing you with goods and services you have requested or for alerting you to other products or service as specified below.
- Fulfilment of Your Request. When you use our inquiry, contest or survey functionality on our websites, we may use submitted information in conjunction with other information we have about you to supply you with relevant product and service offerings to better respond to your specific product or service inquiries or respond to complaints. If using the Dealer Locator or Build My Kubota functionality, your information may be provided to our dealers to satisfy your request. Please check whether dealer locator or similar function is adopted or not. The lawful basis for processing your personal data for this purpose is ‘Legitimate interest’
- Marketing and Promotions. Kubota may use information you provide through transactions and through our websites to market new products and services to you. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes we would contact you for additional consent. You also are able to opt-out at any time. You will find additional information available in the section on your rights. The lawful basis for processing your personal data for e-marketing purposes is ‘Consent’
- Customer Service and Support. We collect and use information about you to support our customer service and support activities or related transactions. This can include, but is not limited to, warranty services, financing or purchasing, product delivery and maintenance support. The lawful basis for processing your personal data for customer service purposes is ‘Legitimate interest’
- Employment Applications. We may use information submitted by you online via any Kubota website or portal designated for this purpose to determine your eligibility for any vacancy for which you have applied in accordance with the advertised eligibility criteria and any relevant privacy notice given to you when using such website or portal. The lawful basis for processing your personal data for employment application purposes is ‘Legitimate interest’. No special category of data is being processed at this stage.
4. ARE WE GOING TO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH ANYONE ELSE?
Kubota may share your information with the following parties:
- Dealers, business partners who provide some portion of our products, and service providers to provide products and services relating to the sale of Kubota products, internal company processes or the servicing of your accounts or transactions
- Marketing partners, to market to you directly if you have provided your consent for that purpose.
- Auditors, regulators and other entities, where legally required as needed to protect our rights or property in connection with the sale of assets and/or the company.
Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with our procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required and/ordo so under any other lawful basis.
Please note that we will be updating this notice shortly in order to provide you with more specific details on the categories of all recipients with whom we share your personal data with.
5. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Kubota will only store Users’ personal data for the period necessary and proportionate for its processing. Please note that we will be updating this notice shortly in order to provide you with specific details on the retention period for the purposes that has been stated above.
6. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you. In accordance with the applicable laws, it is your right to
- access to your personal data processed by Kubota. Namely you can obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you, request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you.
- request correction, update and deletion personal data
- object, for legitimate reasons, to your personal data being processed;
- object to your personal data being used for prospecting purposes, including commercial purposes (marketing);
- withdraw any consent declaration given through the website or in any other manner (if any) with effect for the future at any time, and to access the wording of such consent declaration at any time.
You can opt out of the collection and use of certain information, which we collect about you by automated means, when you visit our websites. Your browser may tell you how to be notified and opt out of receiving certain types of cookies. For more information about Cookies and opt-out options please.
As indicate above our websites use ‘Google Analytics’, for more information and opt-out options please see below.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by contacting us as indicated in the section ‘How to contact us’ or by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing e-mails you receive from us. For opt-out options please.
If you provide us with any information or material relating to another individual, you should make sure that the sharing with us and our further use as described to you from time to time is in line with applicable laws, so for example you should duly inform that individual on the processing of her/his personal data and obtain her/his consent, as may be necessary under applicable laws.
Kubota does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from or market to children under the age of 13 years old. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to Kubota through our website, a parent or guardian may contact Kubota to request the information be deleted from our records. Following receipt of such a request, we will make reasonable efforts to delete the child’s information from our records.
If you are concerned that we have breached your rights you can lodge a complaint by contacting Kubota as indicated in the section How to Contact us. Our Data Protection Officer will manage your complaint and will give you additional information about how it will be handled.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe we do have not handled your request in an appropriate manner. For information on contacting the ICO please see their website
7. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected.
Please note that Kubota go through detailed due diligence process before selecting the data processors with whom we share your personal data with. Kubota have appropriate contractual in place to ensure that personal data is protected.
8. HOW WE HOLD AND PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to Kubota. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. These safeguards are intended to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information you provide to us. We periodically assess risks to your information and update our policies, procedures and technology accordingly.
Kubota stores personal information only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the personal information was collected, unless otherwise required or authorized by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
No data transmission over the Internet or otherwise can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Accordingly, despite our efforts to protect your information, Kubota cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us online. You transmit all such information at your own risk.
9. UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on relevant websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the Notice when it was most recently updated. If we update our Privacy Notice, in certain circumstances, we may seek your consent.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, Kubota privacy practices or if you would like to exercise your rights or to update information or preferences you provided to us, please click here.
You also may e-mail us or write to us by using the contacts details below:
Data Protection Officer
Kubota Holdings Europe B.V.
2153LR Nieuw-Vennep The Netherlands